A Neverwinter Nights II Mod by Jon and Dennis Graf

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Testing 1, 2, 3....




Eye on the Prize

Well - here goes. Spent the week testing, adding 2 new areas, adding "eye candy", and adding back the (fixed) alternate ending. Had a close call with losing the last area I had worked on - Thank god I have been backing up religiously! 

So I figure its time to have a few others have a go at it. There are still changes I want to make - particularly in the final "confrontation". However it IS playable start to finish so I figure now is the time to have others have a go at it so that I can fix things as I polish. I apologize for the size of the download (@100mb), but I'm new at this archiving thing also! Not even sure I need all the files I included. Still haven't done the voice-overs I had planned - we shall see. I plan on giving it a try later this week. Intro movie will also change for the final release. Can't believe I'm actually doing this (hands shaking at the keyboard :)). Mod has been tested with a level 8 male fighter. There is an NPC (Fenstar) by the tent nearest the City Watch in Fenhollow - he is currently a cheater character, and can be used to zip around the mod (he shows up in all the main areas). The cheat function will be removed in the final build.I have not included credits - I am working on the list now - lots of folks to thank.

After the Intro, be sure to talk to Tina in the Fickle Feather before you leave. In the final version there will be no going back once you get to a certain point, so its a good idea to complete quests before you move on whenever possible. 


please email your comment corrections to: dgraf@atcyber.net

Hope you like the screens.

5 comments:

Merecraft said...

Congratulations on reaching your beta phase! That's a real achievement.

I'll download your beta pack and have a play sometime this week :)

Wyrin said...

downloading now and will try to get a chance to play! congrats on getting to this stage!

dgraf said...

Merecraft and Wyrin - thanks for participating. I really appreciate it. By the way - avoid using Fenstar (the cheater guy outside the city watch. He can definately impact game play and sequencing. He will not be in the final release.

mooncalf165 said...

I don't know if you're still beta-ing, dgraf...but if that's ok, I'd really like to have a go at this one as well. Let me know if you're still open to receiving comments/bug issues etc.

Nick

dgraf said...

Mooncalf - thanks for the offer to test. I will be posting a new beta version shortly, and announce it here as well as on the community forum. I would certainly welcome your input - but wait for the new version.That should limit duplication etc. I have been busy working through the first round of comments, and making a few significant changes.