A Neverwinter Nights II Mod by Jon and Dennis Graf

Monday, May 25, 2009

Long Holiday weekend



Took a few extra days over the Memorial Day weekend and when not doing yard work managed to spend some time with the toolset. Finished a new swamp exterior which ended up with the exact feel I was going for - and that doesn't happen all that often! After reading a post at the community site, I spent considerable time experimenting with ambiance - the end result being that I began populating my Oasis area with folks doing various things besides just standing around. Ended up using 3 different methods, but all are "playing nice in the sandbox". And I'm learning - which is half the fun. Still have a considerable way to go, but the more I do, the quicker it goes, so when I tackle the next area, it should only take about half the time. 

Began work on a new external area for a side-quest tentatively called "The Inn of the Twelve Travelers". Perhaps next post I will have some screens of that ready for viewing. In the mean time, I have included some shots of the new Swamp.

2 comments:

Amraphael said...

Yes, I really looks like a interesting area. I've got a weak spot for snow areas and swamp areas. How's performance of this area? I see lots of water, grass and mist. Does it run smooth?

dgraf said...

Amraphael - thanks for the comments. have not tested the area under game conditions, but so far, with one PC moving through all is smooth. Grass may be a little misleading from the screens - it is concentrated around the water - rest of land area is fairly clear except for the odd patch here and there.