A Neverwinter Nights II Mod by Jon and Dennis Graf

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

New beta version ready for testing


Finally got back to where I was before the mod corruption! Also - what I am really excited about - managed to actually figure out how to get NPCs to sit! While for many this is second nature, I have been struggling with it for quite a while. So I guess the disaster was not all bad, as I might not have tried it "one last time" if not for the crash. Thanks to the many who have asked about this in the community, and the patient experts who have answered the questions. I know there are systems for this on the vault, but I wanted to try to do it with out adding more to "override", or "hak" folders, and my lack of scripting skills made that a challenge.

There is a cheater NPC near the watch in Fenhollow - he will allow you to move quickly between major areas. I meant to delete him - AVOID using him - it would defeat the purposes of the test, and depending on when you use him could get you stuck.

To download the file go click here and you will see 2 files listed. On the far right you will see a small down-pointing arrow - just click it to download each file. One file is the pdf players install and play guide, and the other is a zip file containing the mod files. Then just follow the instructions in the pdf. The pdf is a rough draft of the eventual document that will accompany the mod. I would also appreciate any comments on that document, so I can make it as helpful as possible. I am composing a list of credits and kudos which will be added to the final document. Send your feedback/comments/corrections to: dgraf@atcyber.net.

8 comments:

Wyrin said...

downloading now - will try and get some feedback to you soon

congrats on this milestone and recovering from the corruption!!

EC said...

Great news! When do you need comments by?

dgraf said...

wyrin and e.c. - thanks for the quick response! I appreciate your willingness to give this a go - and as far as when I need feedback - it is at your convenience. Thanks again.

dgraf said...

ps. By the way - some new content in the intro movie that hopefully helps to set the stage.

Wyrin said...

after the confrontation in the cellar of the boarding house - not sure where to go next. I thought in the last version i went back to the blacksmith, but not working here

dgraf said...

Wryn -What do you mean by not working? Generally if you check the journal it should let you know. Have you been to the wastelands? Visited "Hemlock?",Do you have the sword Quest. Been to the city Watch?

Jclef said...

I like your winter screen there. Is that custom day/night settings?

dgraf said...

jclef - no custom settings - just waiting for the right moment of the normal game clock. In this case twilight just after sundown. And of course, the winter effects help.