A Neverwinter Nights II Mod by Jon and Dennis Graf

Monday, July 14, 2008

Just When you Thought....

Well - The new version was supposed to be up for testing by now. However, my host site was doing maintenance, and things were not stable, so I opted to wait for them to straighten things out - and in the meantime, tweak on one area that I was not totally happy with. So - a little change here, update the dialogue, add a key - you get the idea. Things were going swimmingly, and I was quite pleased until ... - yup BIG mod crash. The good news is that I usually am religious about saving - the bad news is that I was so into the changes, and it had been so long since my last mod corruption, that I got careless. Lost all the recent stuff I had been working on - about 8 hours work in all. Also hadn't yet done any screen shots yet (thus no new screenies this week). So... Going to try to re-do from the most recent save - should take less time since I've been through the changes once already. Going to try to get it up later this week. At least the host site is stable now! Sorry for the delay folks.

7 comments:

EC said...

You had me scared there for a moment. I'm glad you haven't lost more than that.

You'll be back to where you were in no time. It is interesting how doing things a second time takes only a fraction of the time it took originally. Goes to show I think how mod work is mostly thinking and trying out different things.

Looking forward to the new version.

dgraf said...

Thanks e.c. - really appreciate the continued support! I was devastated - so close to putting it up for what I hoped was the final round of testing. Got to be more carefull!

Frank Perez said...

Ouch. I've had that happen to me some time ago when I first tried my hand at making a module. Unfortunately, I didn't make any backups, and to this day, I don't have the heart to resurrect the project. Fortunately for you, you lost only 8 hours' worth. Keep heart, and you'll have it back in no time.

dgraf said...

thanks Frank!

Wyrin said...

Hey - dust yourself off and climb back on that horse!
happens to the best of us!

Amraphael said...

Ouch, that sucks. I use to comfort me with the idea that when you doing things for the second time they get much better. Luckily I haven't encountered the crash monster for a very long time now, but I'm sure shes lurking somewhere around the corner.

dgraf said...

Always lurking...always!