A Neverwinter Nights II Mod by Jon and Dennis Graf

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Back from Vacation

Just a short update to say I'm back from wonderful Hilton Head. God, I love that place. Sorry - no gator pics - only saw 2 this year(one peering suspiciously at me from a lagoon bordering the golf course), and didn't have my camera either time. Did manage a little time with the toolset while I was gone, though I am really spoiled by working on my desk-top system. The laptop was very SLOW - especially for loading and testing. A short list of progress:
1. re-worked Fenhollow - mowed the grass and played with the terrain a little.
2. Most, if not all NPCs now have at least one liner convos - some have options.
3. Characters now generally recognize you when you initiate a second convo.
4. Tied the Tanner convo in closer to the plot - convo now makes more sense, and ties in to events down the road.
5. Re-worked much of the interior lighting (left some strong shadows in a few places since I really liked the "artistic" look.
6. Added a new quest tied into Julia's cat which also ties into later developments.
7. Began reworking the final confrontation - the one I had was always a placeholder - hopefully its a little more realistic now.
8. Managed to "break" a conversation". Need to dig in and see why it is not working. 
9. Created a new area to tie in with the expanded Julia quest.
10. Added Merecrafts "Wanted Poster" to the wall in the Fickle Feather. What a great little item - and it really tied into the plot!

Well - looking at the list I realize I actually got more done then I thought. I have removed the download form the site in anticipation of putting the next version up. Have been playing catch-up at work and in the yard at home, so toolset time has been limited since I have returned. Will try to get another blog entry done this weekend with some new screens. Till then...

5 comments:

EC said...

Hey there! Welcome back. I've been waiting for your return. Looks like you've been busy while you were away. That's great to see. I look forward to the new version. Good luck!

dgraf said...

thanks e.c. - good to be back!

Wyrin said...

Great to see you back!

sounds like you've been busy with the mod too. If I get time, I'll be happy to take another look

Merecraft said...

Welcome back! Seems like you've got a lot done :)
Glad you found a use for the wanted poster too!

dgraf said...

Thanks wyrin and merecraft. Looking forward to wading back in!