A Neverwinter Nights II Mod by Jon and Dennis Graf

Sunday, January 25, 2009

New Beginnings...

It has been a while since I last posted anything, so I thought it was high time for some changes. First off - as you have probably noticed, there is a new blog header/logo to announce the commencement of "Winter Promises" - the next installment in P.O.H.. Many thanks to my good friend David Van Delinder for the pencil sketch. David is my musical writing partner and a fine artist as well. Before to long I hope to be able to post a sample of the main soundtrack theme( for the opening and closing movies) which is called - "Winter Promises" (funny how that works). I am going to try something different, and use both lyrics and music. We shall see how it works. Obviously nothing is written in stone at this point. 

Have begun work on one of the outdoor sites, and feel good about what the results look like so far. I am experimenting with a prefab - and am redoing much of the detail and seasonality. Have also started creating some NPC's and the initial convo (for the intro cutscene). 

Have also been having a ton of fun playing SOZ as well as a few other. All in all I enjoyed SOZ. I am still debating whether to use the overland map system or not. I may toy with it a bit - but I a still not 100% convinced that it is worth all the bother. 

Posts will probably be a little on the slow side till I get some momentum going. 

Thanks for dropping by - let me know what you think of the new "logo".

4 comments:

Lariam said...

The pencil sketch is sweet. Still planning to play Price of Honor once 1.22 is released. On the basis of what I've seen of that one, I'm glad to see you're working on a sequel.

Hope you get some more votes soon! Your mod shouldn't end up buried under SoZ and patch troubles. :)

dgraf said...

Thanks Lariam. I figure folks are waiting for the patch.

Wyrin said...

the picture is beautiful and very evocative. yeah I'm still waiting on the patch (any day!) to get going on this.

good luck getting going on the next part

EC said...

That's great news! I'm glad to hear you came out of your first mod wanting to build some more.

Great drawing. You're fortunate to have such an evidently talented artist to work with.